Sunday, January 25, 2009

19 Weeks

Yesterday marked the beginning of week 19. I'm starting to have issues with some of these "what size is your baby" charts. Last week, I allegedly had a soda can sized baby. This week, I have an heirloom tomato. Unless that's a really big tomato, I see an inaccuracy there.

At any rate, the bean is coming to his senses this week; his brain is starting to designate specialized areas for smell, taste, vision, hearing, and touch. His arms and legs are finally in proportion with the rest of his body, and from here on out, the growth isn't going to be nearly so dramatic. As far as my development, I make funny noises when standing and sitting, and my feet appear to be getting bigger. Yay.* I'm looking at getting some far more comfortable shoes than the ballet flats I've been living in for the past few months. Recommendations? I just ordered a pair of Keen maryjanes from Zappos to get me started.

I was lucky enough to escape any subsequent migraine activity this weekend, and I have doctor appointments on both Wednesday and Thursday this week. Hopefully on Wednesday, I'll get some input on the results of last week's ultrasound, and on Thursday I get to go back for more pictures, since our boy wasn't being cooperative in showing off his spine last time. I will keep everyone posted.

And now, a glimpse of what we have in store for us:



* My mom has a funny story about childhood me. My friend Randi and I were always kind of mirror images of each other: she's one week older than me, and up until a certain point, we were the same height, same clothes and shoe size, etc. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but at some point, I stopped growing at the same rate Randi did, and she was soon taller than me. My mom doesn't remember me being upset about that part, but I was apparently very upset when we couldn't wear the same shoes anymore; I wanted my feet to keep growing so I could keep up with Randi.

No comments:

Post a Comment