Sunday, June 21, 2009

A not very interesting update

So our due date came and went yesterday.

We slept in, took the dog for walk, basically had a lazy day. I spent a lot of time bouncing on my exercise ball trying to persuade the bug to drop a little more. And he did, I think. I had some Braxton Hicks contractions, as well as what felt like some regular contractions, but nothing consistent enough or long lasting enough to qualify as real labor. Nevertheless, I am confident that what activity there has been means things are moving along.

Plus there's Pace. Always a bit nutty, he's been even weirder than usual the last few days. I'm not sure if he's just not used to me being home all day or if he's picking up on some variety of chemicals or hormones, but he's been more anxious than usual. All and all, his behavior is reminding me a bit of what he was like when we first got him four years ago. Kind of frustrating, really, and I'm hoping it just a temporary reaction and not a new standard of behavior.

Poor Morgan keeps saying that this weekend has felt like he's playing hooky and that he should really be at work. Unfortunately, unless something monumental changes before 7am tomorrow, he will in fact have to go back to work and just be on alert. Fortunately it only takes him about half an hour to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment