Monday, November 9, 2009

Hands

Lately Jasper developed a couple little quirks with his hands, one slightly more uncomfortable than the other.

He's started grabbing things with pincher fingers. This is cool developmentally. but its also kind of hilarious. He's grabbing chins, noses, mouths, ears, hair... you name it, he's grabbing it. This is occasionally uncomfortable.

The other quirk is adorable. He's taken to stroking things. This closely related to the grabbing but is much gentler. Last night we hung out with him in my lap for a while; the entire time, he was grabbing/stroking my leg. Its like a tiny massage. And there have been a few times when the only reason I've known he's woken up from a nap is because I can hear him stroking the bed while he slowly rejoins the world.

I like watching my boy feel his way in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment