Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prep

Today was the first day of our Preparing for Childbirth class through Kaiser. Although the class description did not identify itself as such, some research revealed that this would be a Lamaze-based class. Heh. I'm guessing that the lovely lady leading the class isn't going to follow a very strict Lamaze curriculum. The first class was sort of all over the place and led in a decidedly stream of consciousness style. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but amongst the various topic covered in today's session, pain management was not really addressed. We have four more classes; hopefully it will come up...

There were nine other couples in the class, including a woman I first met in my prenatal yoga class, who also showed up in my water aerobics class. She and her husband live in San Leandro, so we finally exchanged numbers, despite Morgan's concerns over the fact that they are big sports fans and his fear that they might be Republicans. She is due two weeks after me so it will be nice to know another couple with a kid the same age. Our first parenting network connection!

We're 31 weeks along now - which means I can safely say, just two months left. Even better, less than two months left at work. Yay. The froglet is up to about 3.5 pounds, and is fattening up daily. This week, I've discovered the joy of napping in my car at lunchtime, though I'm not sure if that's just because of my general level of exhaustion from last weekend's travels. Apart from the tired, I'm doing pretty good. The carpal tunnel continues to be an issue, but I don't think there's any resolution except birth. I'm a little sad because I'm afraid to pick up a crochet hook. I had hoped to make some blankets etc of my own for the froglet, but with the numbness/pain in my right hand, I don't think I will be able to. Sigh.

I am very proud to report that I made it through the Ting Tings show on Wednesday, and even stayed on my feet the whole times. We are now looking at going to see Jenny Lewis at the end of May. I'll be 37 weeks pregnant. Apparently my friend Melissa went to see Daft Punk at about that point in her pregnancy and was fine. Jenny Lewis will be a much more mellow show, so I think we're going to try. Gotta expose the bug to as much music as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Music, music, that is the key! Most important prenatal exposure besides good nutrition! (IMHO)

    ReplyDelete