Monday, March 29, 2010

Nine Months

I have been sadly remiss as a blogger lately, but on the occasion of Jasper's nine month birthday, I give you a portrait:



as well as a snapshot of our boy.

He loves pears and banging on things. His favorite toy* is a xylophone which he strikes with a plastic block.

*Remote controls are the most fun, but strictly speaking are not toys. Last week I gave him the Tivo remote to distract him while I getting ready to go out. He recorded an episode of In the Heat of the Night.

He's become such a boy. If he must be held, he wants to be facing out so he can see or grab at everything. However, he very sweetly cuddled with me on both BART commutes today. I consider it his birthday present to me.

He's mobile! He hasn't quite mastered an actual crawl, but he can push himself up onto his hands and knees and he can worm his way across a room on his belly. He's also started pulling himself up to a standing position using stationary objects for support.

He's a side sleeper.

Spinning in circles and being tossed in the air are guaranteed to put a smile on his face. He has the sweetest little grin; his eyes crinkle up adorably. This is very hard to catch in film.

I could go on, but my boy is sacked out in my lap and I think I'll just watch him sleep for a while.

Happy nine months, peanutty. You were worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment